We have many boards and commissions. If you are interested in being a board member you can apply
and also see the current openings
Arts Commission - Responsible for the creation of permanent and temporary public art projects and contributing to a sense of place that fosters creative enterprise, generates cultural tourism and keeps Las Vegas at the forefront of global interest.
- Audit Oversight Committee - Reviews and evaluates public reports released by the City Auditor’s Office. Discusses potential audit assignments and gives direction to the City Manager and City Auditor.
- Board of Appeals - Hears appeals of determinations made by the Building Official or Fire Marshal relating to the application and interpretation of the technical codes.
- Board of Civil Service Trustees - Makes final decisions in regard to matters pertaining to the Civil Service Merit System of employment.
- Building and Safety Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee - Reviews the operation of and makes recommendations relating to the Enterprise Fund.
- Bus Bench/Shelter Construction and Maintenance Advisory Committee - Provides information and advice to the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada concerning the construction and maintenance of benches and shelters for passengers of public mass transportation.
- Citizens Advisory Committee to the Redevelopment Agency - Acts in an advisory capacity and provides input to the Redevelopment Agency on matters relating to proposed projects and programs.
- Commission for the Las Vegas Centennial - Plans, organizes, coordinates and implements the activities, celebration and education associated with the city of Las Vegas’ Centennial.